Monday, December 22, 2008

Last weekend before Christmas....

To all of you thinking "Holy Cow - it's almost Christmas already??" - I completely had that same thought this weekend.

My sister and I did the Black Friday madness (as usual) this year....but anything we didn't buy that day, didn't get purchased until this weekend.

It's the same old thing...you know what you're going to get for people, but you keep thinking "I can pick that up anytime." And then, anytime hits...and you don't do it, don't do it, don't do it.

Luckily, I can now officially say I've completed the shopping. All items are in our possession......well......I take that back.....

We delivered one present early this year....dropped it off in Portland while we were there in November. But besides that, all presents are in our possession.

Ummmmm.....

Yeah, that's right....there's one left. It's in the mail. It was supposed to arrive on Saturday. It's not that this person will be upset if the gift isn't in their hot little hands on Christmas day....but it will bug the crap out of me if it isn't. I mean, this is the gift that we had figured out in June - JUNE!!!!.....and just needed to order it sometime.

Sometimes came, sometimes went......and I finally ordered it like a week ago. Bad Nej!!!!

So, besides that....everything is in our possession. Except......

CRAP!!!

We decided not to exchange presents at home. If we want it or need it, we just buy it. But, after Mot got me my hockey jersey....I now need to think of something to get him.

He's the easiest person to shop for....I mean, there's allot of stuff out there that he wouldn't mind having. Now, I just need to go pick something up...."sometime". :-) :-)

My sister had quite a bit to buy this weekend, I really didn't have much at all. So, I mainly went just to hang out with her a little, and get out of the house.

We were pretty typical in our behaviors during the day. Traffic was crappy, but we didn't care. It just meant we could listen to more holiday music on the radio. The malls were packed, but we didn't care...it's just more opportunity to people watch (and laugh).

At one point, we were trying to find parking....at Toys R Us....the weekend before Christmas. (Mission Impossible theme playing in my head as I type this)

Anyway!!! Alvin and the Chipmunks come on the radio - singing their...well...er...finest??

So, in the true spirit of the holiday, we rolled down our windows (it's maybe 1 or 2 degrees above zero here in frigid Omaha, NE).....and turned the radio up as loud as we could stand. We circled the parking lot quite a few times (blaring the song of those annoying little mammals) waiting for a space to open up. All the while, we cheered the hearts of those walking to and from their cars.

More likely, it just annoyed the crap out of all the procrastinators....but that in itself cheered OUR hearts...so all is well!!!!





The good stuff starts about 1 minute into this video.

1 comment:

Izzy said...

Ummm, I'm STILL not finished with my holiday shopping ... oooops ...