Monday, December 22, 2008

It's aaallllliiiiiiiivvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

My beloved DLSR is alive once again. The poor thing had contracted the dreaded "Error 99" Canon digital camera disease. It caught it the weekend of taking RAGBRAI pictures this summer, and was brought back from the dead tonight, 12/22/08.

I can't tell you how excited I am....I can't put it into words. I'm doing a happy dance, I'm doing the "oh my god, my camera works again" boogie woogie, I'm elated!!!!!!!!!!!

My camera is a born again. (hehe)

Morgan, although, does not share my excitement.

The poor cat.

I followed her around the house, for quite some time....trying to test my recently resurrected toy on a live subject.



She reminds me of Falkor from The Nevending Story. (with maybe a little less of a smile) What do you think?




I'd like to formally thank the website where I found the instructions used to make this all possible....

Richard on Richard's Notes blog....Thank you!!!! I couldn't have asked for a better holiday gift. I can't tell you how much I needed this kind of good news. Aside from wishing I'd found this article BEFORE our Portland trip, this is the best timing!!!! My life needed a little mental pick me up!

And, if any of you have a Canon suffering from the same horrible disease, please read this post, and hopefully it will help you as it helped me.



Well, I'm off!! It's snowing mad dog crazy again. This weather is insane. The 3 inches of ice, with 4 inches of snow, has now had another couple of inches piled on top of it tonight.

It's snowing, my camera is working, I have food in my cupboards, my family is healthy (speaking of family, I have awesome news to announce, but can't until after Saturday), I'm surrounded by wonderful friends, and I have a husband that loves me like no other. What could possibly be better????

No comments: