Thursday, February 17, 2011

Halloween at the Girls': 2010


Val and Dee throw a big Halloween party at their place every year....they've been doing it for quite a while.

Mot and I have been lucky enough to be invited the last couple of years! He's had to work both years, and hasn't been able to go....but the boys have taken me along as a third wheel....and boy am I glad they have!!!!!

Last year's theme was Dead Celebrities....and I went as Amelia Earhart (sadly, I've not been able to find a picture of me at the party).

I drank a full bottle of pre-mixed margaritas (with half a bottle of good tequila added to it)....and remember very little of the evening. (whoops)

This year's theme was cartoon characters.

The three of us decided to go as Dudley Do-Right, Nell and Snidely Whiplash.

Danny and I went shopping for the pieces of our costumes a few weekends before, and because Steve wasn't along.....we voted (it was unanimous) that he'd be Nell. :-)

He took the information in stride!!!

So, the day of the party had finally arrived!!!! I had everything I needed, but the spirit gum to keep my mustache firmly on my face.

Yep, I was going to be Snidely!!!

Danny and I found the MOST AWESOME knee length black "fur" coat at Goodwill......it was perfect!!




Mot finds this picture of me horribly disturbing!! :-)

The party was full of friends we've made during our bowling league....and was as fun as ever!!!


Popeye and Olive Oyl


Scooby and Shaggy


Batman and Robin


Scooby and the Cat in the Hat


Carl and Ellie from UP


The Swedish Chef

And many, many, many other misc characters!!!!


















We all spent the night dancing away on their back deck.....laughing, talking.....and making quite a lot of noise. :-)

The next morning, Mot met the three of us for donuts and a recap of the previous nights adventures.



No comments: