Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Don't Worry, Be Happy

Are you sitting down? I want to admit something to the world...I really like that song. I know....but I can't help it. It's happy...and light...and silly!



It's ranks right up there with I Can See Clearly Now, Ma Nah Ma Nah, The Rainbow Connection (as sung by Kermit the Frog), and multiple assorted pop songs from the 80's.

I have a friend that would shoot me just for admitting I like this song. For some reason, she hates it. Or maybe it's just a general hatred of Bobby McFerrin??

(my sister in law told her daughters that she'd ground them if they played Free Bird on Guitar Hero - so the phenomena of threatening death or grounding for playing certain songs appears across the country)

He does some happy go lucky stuff, I admit that. But I once went and saw him in concert at the Orpheum Theater in Omaha....and I was blown away. Any person that can sing, and harmonize with themselves earns my respect as a musician.

The things he does to put a modern twist on classical music....well, it's just plain cool.



This one cracks me up...especially when they introduce him as Bobby Mc Perlin. :-)

1 comment:

Sass said...

I'm worried. But, also...happy.

Interesting.