Friday, September 26, 2008

Friday moments....

5:30 am
Alarm goes off. After my conversation with one of my best buds from Des Moines last night...I decided today was the day I am going to wake up early and work out. Down with front butt! It was then that Mot rolls over and puts his arms around me, I'm done for!! I turned off my alarm, and I went back to bed. Darn it...I was soooo close!!! Mot works tomorrow, I'll have to start then.

7:56 am
I'm at work. Staring at my computer screen as it logs on. I'm listening to the co-worker around the corner jabber on and on. I wrote about her before, she's the one that always has a bigger and better thing to add to your conversations. If you've done it, she's done it bigger and better. I think I'll call her Jabber Jaw. Have you ever seen the movie Joe vs The Volcano?? You know how he goes to work, and the fluorescent lights over him hum incessantly while blinking off and on? Jabber Jaw is my fluorescent light.

8:46 am
Oh god!!!! The male version of Jabber Jaw just walked into her area. They are feeding off of each other. Maybe, if I just start screaming it will distract them? Maybe it will get them to shut up? Maybe, it will make someone call someone else, and that someone will come take me away? One can only hope!!!

They're coming to take me away, ha ha.
They're coming to take me away, ho ho.

9:26 am
If your boss limits your internet access to only sites that have something to do with your job...would you go to the IT person and ask him for access for MySpace? People here crack me up!!! :-)

9:40 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - The president of an Iowa college says he's sorry about an unfortunate and offensive typo in a school handbook.

A calendar entry for Feb. 16, 2009, was supposed to read "Black History Lunch and Learn." Instead, it says "Black History Linch and Learn."

9:51 am
WATERBURY, Vt. - Mooove over, Holsteins. PETA wants world-famous Ben & Jerry's Homemade Ice Cream to tap nursing moms, rather than cows, for the milk used in its ice cream.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals is asking the ice cream maker to begin using breast milk in its products instead of cow's milk, saying it would reduce the suffering of cows and calves and give ice cream lovers a healthier product.

10:45 am
Sometimes, to aid in my Friday "get me the heck out of here" doldrums, I will wander away from my desk to see what's going on elsewhere in the building. I'm easily bored by sitting at my desk, staring at a computer monitor for 8-9 hours a day. I compare it to being an insomniac. All you want to do is sleep, but you can't. I just sit here, thinking. Thinking is a dangerous thing, when you have nothing better to do. It's not long before you're making a list of things that you could be doing at home, were you not sitting where you are.

Today, I delivered some components, for a customer build, to our assembly plant. UPS delivered them, and my wandering happened to put me on the receiving dock when they arrived. I thought, what the heck...this will get me out of the building for a few minutes!!

The boxes (there were two of them) are really light, but awkward to carry. If you've ever dealt with things shipped via UPS, you know not to let them touch your clothes, unless you are itching for a big brown unidentifiable smudge. So, here I am, trying to carry the awkward boxes, that require two hands to carry.....while opening doors, the trunk of my car, etc. All while trying to keep the boxes at least an inch or two from my body. Cirque de Sole, here I come. :-)

11:36 am
The company president is having knee replacement surgery next week, so those of us in the office decided to get some pizzas from his favorite place for a 'group lunch' of sorts. Really, we all love pizza, and what better a reason to get it? We'll take any excuse.

I just heard the person in charge of ordering the pizzas on the phone. It's 11:36, we need at least 8 pizzas....she told everyone she'd get them at noon. She just gave those poor pizza people 24 minutes to prepare and bake 8 pizzas....right before the lunch rush. Maybe we should inspect them for foreign objects before consuming??

1:25 pm
Large amounts of pizza consumed. Entire lunch hour spent discussing business. Isn't there a law against that?

2:10 pm
169 minutes and counting!!

3:39 pm
"Calgon, take me away."

4:45pm
It never fails!!! Big issues, problems and general all out mahem occur when I have 15 minutes left in my day. I've been counting down to 5:00...when I should actually be counting down to 5:10. Ugh!!

6:00 pm
Quartet gals show up. I love singing with these women, but Friday night rehearsals are going to take some time to get used to. My brain shuts down at 5:00 (or rather, 5:10 on Fridays). :-)

8:23 pm
Free at last, free at last!!! I'm on my couch, sitting back with a glass of cranberry juice and some Ghost Hunter dvr episodes. Yeah!!!!

8:24 pm
OK folks, what little wit and humor I had in me today (and I do mean LITTLE) is completely drained and used up.

Good night, sweet dreams, catch ya on the flip side!!!!!

1 comment:

Izzy said...

Jabber Jaw sounds like a girl I used to work with -- you could throw any activity out there (say, swimming with dolphins) and she'd been there, done that. It made for entertaining happy hours :-).

Enjoying the blog!