Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Ghosts of Weekends Past, #2

Like sands through the hour glass...so are the weekends of my past....

Well, at least the past month (or so). :-)

Yes, it's true...here I am....yet again, telling you that I'm sorry I've been absent as of late. Apologizing for my lack of posting.

It's true, I've a a blog slacker.

(hanging head in shame)

:-) :-) :-)

But, dear reader, here I am.....in front of my computer.....getting ready to fill your reader with a plethora of posts, a bushel of bloggy goodness, an abundance of....of......well, you get the idea.
______________________________________________________

05/02/10

We had nothing planned. It was one of our first Sundays without bowling league. Now what do we do??

Well...first we (the boys, Mot and Nej) met at our favorite diner for breakfast. Leo's!!!!

From there, we drove our two vehicles to our place, so we could leave one there, and drive together the rest of the afternoon.

Aren't we sweet?? :-)

Before we left, we played a little ball with Sam, our black lab puppy.


Danny: "OK Sam, heck with throwing you the ball....I'm going to kick it...with my boot!! Well....I'm going to TRY to kick it with my boot!"


Danny: "Take two."


Sam: "Retrieving the ball, retrieving the ball, I'm a lab, retrieving the ball."


Steve: "Thanks Sam. I'll kick it for you this time!!"


Sam: "Retrieving the ball, retrieving the ball, I'm a lab, retrieving the ball."


Steve: "What, you want me to throw it again?"


Sam: "Retrieving the ball, retrieving the ball, I'm a lab, retrieving the ball."


Mot: "My turn?"


Mot: "Well, go deep....this one is going to fly!!!"


Sam: "Hey dad, you were right, that one really flew! Right into the neighbors yard. And, the way you got over that fence was pretty cool...maybe I should try that?"


Mot: "Crap! Well, she's seen me do it once, I may as well come back over the same way!!"


(05/02/10 - to be continued)

2 comments:

Badass Geek said...

I love playing fetch with my parent's dog, but there always comes a point, about seven minutes in, where she gets bored with it. She'll chase after the ball, pick it up in her mouth, trot halfway back, drop it, and then go off to smell something.

Nej said...

@ Badass - Sam is an addict. She'd play until she heatstrokes herself, if we let her. Isaac, now he'll do what your parents dog does. You can tell he's just "nope, I'm done...find something else to entertain yourselves human!" :-)