Monday, December 21, 2009

Play it again, Sam

People are pestering, I mean, asking me politely for new pictures of Sam. Everyone loves a good puppy picture, right?

Last weekend when we brought her home, she was just up over our ankles....as of yesterday, her head is up to Mot's knee. She's doubled in size in the last WEEK.

Cowguy, I might need some advice on how to raise a horse...because I think we mistakenly purchased one.

Actually, we went looking for a big lab. I hope she gets to be the size of her mother!!! That would totally make my day...

or my year.....

or...well, you know what I mean. :-)

This picture was taken three or so days after we brought her home. I can tell the approximate time because she's sitting still long enough to get a picture....yet, she's old enough to not be sleeping 24/7.



Her feet are so darned cute.

And so darned BIG!! :-)



My sister and brother in law brought her a stuffed goose Saturday afternoon. She takes it with her everywhere. Sometimes just carrying it, sometimes shaking it to death....and sometimes growling.

It makes a noise if you squeeze it. She's figured out how to make it squawk. And she growls at it every time it does.



Natalie, Eat the Worm owner, bought her this pet bed, in anticipation of our visit to the bar last weekend. She had plenty of room to move around in it, plus room for a toy or two to sleep with her. She behaved so well....playing with all the patrons, sleeping the rest of the time.

As of yesterday, she just barely fits into it, by herself.

We opted to not take her to the bar this weekend. The "I sleep all the time" puppy phase is officially gone.



This was the exact moment she realized the world extends past our driveway and yard. It was like she finally looked up and went "holy cow - there's MORE??"



This tree is right by the ONE patch of grass we have. The cedar tree in our yard blocked the blowing snow from the blizzard two weeks ago. There is now a path from the driveway to this ONE patch of snow.....for puppy. She spends half the time ferociously protecting her people from the tree, by chewing, tugging and growling at it.








Well...there you go folks. Enough cute puppy pictures to last you a little while, yes????





And, on a final note....today is the longest day of the year...it only gets better from here on out!!!! FINALLY!! :-) Happy winter solstice!!!!

8 comments:

Nej said...

OK, OK...my hubby (hungover as all hell) just called to tell me that the winter solstice means it's the shortest day, not the longest. But he doesn't understand. This darkness is killing me....makes the days long, dragging, and a plain ole' downer. So....it IS, indeed, the longest d*mn day of the year!!

Love you honey!!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

I see said the blind man to the deaf dog. .. and its not nice to pick on the hungover people, specially since you made me this way. I blame you for allowing me to poison myself so.

Love ya

Nej said...

I didn't make you this way (hungover)...we both said one drink when we went in. I stuck to my side of the bargain....but you sat on the stools at the other end of the bar with Ron. Out of my reach. :-) :-) :-)

mo.stoneskin said...

What a cutie. Sam that is, not your hubby, though he may well be, but you know what I'm sayin'.

Nej said...

@ mo - They're both cute in my book. ;-)

MJenks said...

Longest day of the year?

I realize Mot has corrected you, but I needed to add some fuel to that fire.

Not to mention, it was Sol invictus.

Nej said...

@ mo - Yep...longest day of the year. This lack of sunlight is KILLING me!!!!! :-) :-) :-)

Badass Geek said...

That dog is so freakin' cute. I want a clone of her. Stat.