Thursday, December 31, 2009

500 bottles of beer on the wall....

Holy smokes folks!! This is the 500th post on The Adventures of Mot and Nej.

FIVE HUNDRED!!!!

Who would have thunk it? :-)

And, not only is it #500, it's also the last day of 2009. New Year's Eve. And...

I'm leaving, on a jet plane......

Well, we will be at 5:00 tonight. Denver, CO. It's going to be a hockey tournament, new year's celebration, birthday extravaganza!

(ahem) Anyway.....

The pressure of writing something with meaning, or writing something comically awesome for my 5ooth post is overpowering.

I can't think of a thing to say.

Pretty ironic, don't you think. To have written 500 posts and not be able to think of a thing to say.

I thought maybe I'd do a post of 500 things you don't know about me...then realized that in order for this post to be published before Christmas of 2023, I'd have to think of something else.

Maybe I'll just move the decimal point over one space?

50

I think that sounds like a do-able number. Don't you??

50 Things you didn't know about Nej.
by Nej

1) Mot and Nej are aliases. Can you believe it? Those names are being used to protect the innocent (or something like that). Hmmmm....I wonder if I have to put Nej on official documents that ask for aka's used?? We'll pretend that question didn't come to mind. Plausible deniability is where it's at!! :-)

2) I've a new addiction. It's Orbit gum...Bubblemint flavor. I'm actually not much of a gum chewer. If a piece lasts more than a minute or two, then I'm doing good. Even still, I've managed to go through one of those 2.9 oz containers of it in the last month. Craziness!

3) The letters C, V, N, M, E , the "," and ".", and the number 1 no longer exist on my keyboard. No wait...that sounded funny. Of course they are still there, you just can't read them. The lettering is gone. A couple of people (hunters and peckers when it comes to typing) have come over to use my keyboard, and find they can't do it. I just snicker and make fun of them. I'm mean that way. :-)

4) I have a houseplant on my desk. Actually I have two...but one of them I really don't like. It looks funny, and is slowly dying off. I water it, I fertilize it, I've given it coffee, I've set it under my fluorescent lights...and nothing seems to work. Yet...I can't bring myself to throw it away...to put it out of it's misery. I feel bad even at the thought of it lying alone in the garbage.

5) I always wanted a job where I have business cards. Now that I have one, I keep wondering why I wanted those cards so darned bad. I never have them on me when I need them.

6) I'm terrified of using the telephone when calling people I know. Yep, you heard me right. If I have to call a stranger, I'm golden...but ask me to call a friend or family member, and I get all anxious, nervous, and weird. It drives Mot completely nuts. More and more he refuses to make the calls for me. I know he thinks it will make me better....but it just makes me come up with new reasons to avoid doing it myself, and have him do it. I'm not nervous to answer the phone, or talk on the phone.....it's just calling them that gets me all freaked out.

7) Soft foods should not have crunchy surprises. Crunchy peanut butter, jello with fruit, tacos with raw onions on top....these are all examples.

8) I just looked out the window and it's snowing again. Like the 24 inches we have on the ground isn't enough, we're getting some more. I love this weather, I really do.....but when it's snowing, the sun isn't out. And I really, REALLY need a fix of vitamin D.....stat!!!!

9) I had 2, count them, 2 margaritas Sunday night. And I was feeling no pain. Only 2 margaritas! What is happening to me??? I guess I'm becoming a cheaper date. :-)

10) Wow...this is #10...I have 40 more to go. Yeah, I'm rethinking the 50 thing.

11) I love the number 11...always have. I found out that quite a few of my friends in high school were the same way. I'm not sure why they liked it so much...but I thought it was funny we all had the same favorite number. Whenever I look at the clock and it says 11:11, I smile.

12) 12:34 am or pm....when I see it on a clock, I refuse to look at the clock again until that time is gone. Bad juju.

14) Just like the airlines and hotels, I chose to skip #13. Did you even notice until I pointed it out?

15) I watch America's Next Top Model. I admit it. When friends ask me what I'm watching, I say "Train wreck TV" and they know what show I'm watching. I can't help it. For some reason it's intriguing to me. I think it's because these really good lookin' chicks are messed up. And their lives aren't perfect. Makes me feel better about my not so perfect life.

16) I wish I could pull off the jeans tucked into Uggs look. My legs are too short or something, but I just can't do it. They say TV adds 15 pounds...jeans tucked into boots adds at least 50 onto me.

17) I love my three dogs to death. They are the sweetest, cutest, most loyal and loving creatures. But I secretly wish we only had one dog. Maybe it's because I'm more of a cat person...or maybe it's because I have a hard time dividing my attention equally. Maybe it's because walking them, boarding them, and taking care of them is all done in three's right now, and it's a pain in the patoot.

18) I desperately want to scream when Mot puts his shirts down the laundry chute attached to each other. If he wears a sweatshirt, flannel, etc...with a tshirt under it....he takes them off together and they go down to the laundry room still inside one another. It seems like such a small thing, but I'm going to stop washing the ones that are attached. Same goes for underwear or socks that are still inside his jeans. :-)

19) I have a shoe addiction. I love shoes. I go into shoe stores, and end up buying pairs that I have nothing to wear with....and then have to go clothes shopping so I can wear them. I haven't been in a shoe store in months...for that very reason.

20) Every day for the past month, I've gone home with a small post-it that has three things I need to get done written on it. And for an entire month, I've yet to do those three things. How strange is that? It's not like it says 1) make dentist appt 2) rip off right arm and feed to neighbor's German Shepard 3) slam fingers in drawer repeatedly. Nope, they are small, non painful and non life threatening things.

21) There is this lady that runs on the treadmill in front of me every morning I'm at the gym. And she does the strangest things with her arms when she runs. It's a cross between a right (and left) hook, the chicken dance, and the "cabbage patch" (90's dance move reference, sorry). I have to fight to not giggle every day when she starts running. I can only imagine what I look like. In fact, I avoid all eye contact with the mirrors. I really don't want to know.

22) I forgot, yet again, to get copies of Bug and Lauren's school pics while at my sister's on xmas eve. Darn it!! I don't know what just made me remember that, but argh!!!!!

23) I have, for as long as I can remember, wanted to take photography classes. Ones that make me study, ones that make me go out and do specific projects with my camera. But....committing to 2 more weeknights where I'm not at home, or not able to hang out with friends....it's killer.

24) I wanted to join the FBI while I was in college. I did. I had it all figured out...then chickened out. I wonder what my life would be like now if I had. Would destiny still have brought Mot and I together?

25) Half way there! Well, not quite, if you count me skipping #13.

26) I had a dream last night that I changed my alarm to go off at 6:15, instead of 6:00 (the normal time it goes off when I don't go to the gym). When it went off at 6:00 I was mad. I could have sworn I'd changed it. Who dreams about silly things like that?

27) Getting my hair trimmed and such on Thursday. Should I go black, red....or stay with the dark brown (and caramel highlights)??

28) I've never tried eggnog. For no other reason than it sounds disgusting.

29) OK, never mind. I changed my mind about the 50 thing. So...since my birthday is coming up (2nd of January)...I'll stop at my age, instead of going all the way to 50. This is where I stop..right here at 29!!!

30) What? You don't believe that I'm only going to be 29? :-)

31) I've never smoked a cigarette, cigar, etc.....ever. But, in my dreams, I'm a chain smoker. I can tell you how it feels, how it smells, how it tastes. Does this mean I smoked in a past life?

32) If you put a package of Oreo cookies in front of me, I could probably eat them all in one sitting. I haven't had an Oreo for almost 10 years....but I bet I could still do it. :-)

33) Speaking of Oreo cookies, when I used to buy them, I'd open the package and let it sit out all night. They are best when a little soft.

34) Hmmmm...now I want an Oreo. Badly. (sigh)


Have a Happy New Year everyone!! Talk to you in 2010!!!!!!!!!

10 comments:

Jon said...

I was all excited because I thought this post would be about beer! That should be your #35: My blog is a sinister web of lies.

Happy New Year :)

Nej said...

A sinister web of lies....I'm dying laughing. That's awesome!!!!

Happy New Year to you too!!!! :-)

Justin said...

This is a blog of lies!!

Justin said...

(I slightly apologize if you didn't get that last reference, but it is truly you who should be sorry if you did not!) =D

Badass Geek said...

Too much Copy and Paste, eh?

Amy said...

I thought I was the only one who had phone issues like that!
At work-I do great talking w/ strangers too-real cool and collected. With friends and family-I never know how to end the conversation and try too hard or something. weird.yep. ummmm

Unknown said...

Yea for 500! You should be proud...

Elliott said...

Gaaaa! I just lost my comment when my wireless went down for the 200th time this morning!!!!

I'm impressed with your 500, I've written less than 300 in all the years I've been posting, though half of those have just been since June, so I'm on a roll, now.

As for #7, I love crunchy onions on my tacos, but i also love tacos with beef tongue and tripe on them, so take that as you will.

Cowguy said...

Good place to stop... 50 is over rated anyhow. Great post Nej, smokin' ain't all it's cracked up to be.

Nej said...

@ Izzy - No apologies necessary!!! :-) :-) :-)

@ Badass - I swear I copy and paste in my dreams! :-)

@ Amy - I'm not alone? Sweet!!!!!

@ Moonspun - surprised is more like it. I just started this thing to transfer over my vacation journal...and it's kinda morphed from there. :-)

@ Elliott - tripe and tongue?? Hmmmmm....yeah......nope...not for me. :-)

@ Cowguy - thankfully, my dream chain smoking has never enticed me to try it while awake. In fact, now that I think about it....I must have kicked the habit...haven't had a smoking dream in a while now. :-)