Friday, May 22, 2009

It's the POO!

A phone conversation earlier this week.

Nej "Hey babe, what do you fireman call the place where a fire starts?"

Mot "The point of origin?"

Nej "Yeah, that's it."

Nej (sigh) "Hmmm...."

Mot "What?"

Nej "Well, that's not very distinguished. It's the P.O.O.....the poo. I was hoping for something much cooler sounding. More CSI, less first grade."

Mot "Well, you could call it the Point of Ignition, but that wouldn't be correct."

Nej "Hmmm...the POI....the poi....nah, that won't work either. Poi sounds disgusting, besides, it's already been taken by skydivers and the military. It might get confused with the point of impact. Poo it is. OK thanks babe, talk to you later!"

Mot "Uh....OK."

Poor guy doesn't know what to think of me sometimes. I can see him standing in the kitchen, staring at the phone. Wondering why he married me, and if he should be worried about my mental health.

BELLEVUE, Washington - Fire officials in the Seattle suburbs say a sunny day and a dog's glass water bowl combined to cause a blaze that charred the back of a home.

Bellevue Fire Department Lt. Eric Keenan says investigators determined the glass bowl of water focused sunlight enough to act like a magnifying glass and start the fire on the home's wood deck Sunday.

Investigators said there was no electrical wiring or other possible cause.

The homeowners were away, but neighbors noticed the smoke and flames. The family dog was rescued. Damage is estimated at $215,000.



News Source
Image Source

3 comments:

Brook said...

and here I freak about the coffee pot being left on-who knew being a responsible pet owner could burn your house down!
Actually I have see fires started this way with light focusing through a dew drop-goes to show if somethings gonna happen it will-one way or another.
I'm glad the dog was rescued for sure.

Nej said...

I grew up with my dad making sure any appliance that could be unplugged after use...was. Use the toaster, unplug it when you're done. Immediately.

I don't even think about it...it's second nature.

Drives Mot nuts! :-)

Brook said...

I have let go of the unplugging-I was driving myself crazy!
Except for the hair dryer of course!