Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Lancers

Steve invited Tom and I along to a Lancer hockey game last night.

They lost....4 to 3. They were down 4 to 1, so at least they tried to come back and win it. It was interesting watching them skate....as they are much younger than the college team we're used to. :-)

Their mascot was cracking me up. Not only does he actually skate (yes, it's sad, but our new Maverick's mascot doesn't skate. A hockey mascot that doesn't skate. Let me say it again...DOESN'T SKATE!!!)

(sigh)

Anyway, the Lancers mascot was pretty good. Very good at getting the crowd worked up, and making noise. He can throw a pretty mean spiral football as well. All with wings and a big bird head. Impressive. :-)

He did a wonder YMCA performance between the 2nd and 3rd periods. I didn't think to get my camera out until it was almost over. Bummer!!





Between the 1st and 2nd periods, they plated mountain bike polo...on the ice. And of course, the mascot had to commandeer a bike and join in!



I'm so easily amused. I admit it fully!!!!! :-) :-)

No comments: