Friday, March 27, 2009

California, Here We Come (Part 4)

Sunday, March 22 (cont)

When we got back from Alcatraz, we went back to the hotel, and checked out. We headed across the Bay Bridge towards our next destination.



Berkley - Mot was on a mission for tie dye. The real stuff. :-)

We stopped at Nations for lunch, and to charge my camera battery. Dummy me forgot to plug in it the night before...and it was nearly dead. They were the best burgers I've had in quite a while.



Oh, and we all had to get some pie too.

They had to roll me out to the Jeep. :-)

We found Mot's tie dye after some serious looking. I also found a store that made me think of Sheila. It's called Lhasa Karnak Herb Company. Bottles of herbs and extracts as far as the eye could see. :-)




(Campus housing)

With tie dye in hands, and bellies full...we headed for our next hotel...in Napa. We didn't arrive until after 5:30 on Sunday, so most (all) of the wineries were closed down. We went to a Safeway in town, picked up some wine and munchies for dinner, and headed to the hotel.



We lost Mot at some point....he was in the lobby talking to a fellow fireman from L.A. So, Steve, Danny and I started munching without him....while watching Last Holiday, and then Amazing Race. :-)



Once we finished watching TV, we changed into our suits, our pitcher of wine (Mot talked the hotel restaurant out of a plastic pitcher, since glass isn't allowed on the hot tub and pool deck) and headed out into the courtyard...and the hot tub.



Mot took a polar plunge in the pool next to the hot tub...but I missed the photo op. :-(



The wind was crazy....and cold. Look at the steam coming off of Danny as we were running inside. :-)

Once back inside, and dried off....we broke out the cards for a little Progressive (International) Rummy...then headed to bed.



(to be cont)


I will have all the pics posted of our trip on my webshots page....as soon as I get done blogging. I'll post a link when it's ready to go.

No comments: