Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Argh!!!

OK, something has been bugging me since Christmas day, and I can't shake it....so I'm going to vent about it really quick, and then it will be done, and I'll feel better.

DON'T PEOPLE WHO TELL THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS THEY ARE FAT, REALIZE THEY ARE THEN TEACHING THEIR CHILDREN THAT IT'S OK TO BE SO RUDE??? I mean, come on...what's with this????

If these family members have stumbled across this blog, fine...whatever...I don't care any more. Read this, and assume I'm a bitch. Big, fat, f*cking deal. What needs said is going to be said.

The Portland brother sent his parents a web cam for the holidays. On Xmas day, they "called" in to wish everyone a Merry Christmas. It was a really cool idea. They get to see each other, instead of just talking. They get to see the grand kids, and how they are growing. His parents were truly excited.

When they called, Mot's dad just kept yelling his name, wanting him to come talk to his brother. The rest of us were in the den, watching one of Erin's' movies (and sleeping - it was a long - or rather short - night). And no one was hearing him yell.

Someone finally came back to wake us up...I mean, get our attention. :-)

They asked where Mot was (because he avoids cameras like the plague, we all know it)....so Mot walks over into view of the web cam to say hello.

The camera was pointed so that they could see his folks seated in front of the computer....and they couldn't see Mot's head as he was standing behind them.

Instead of saying "Tommy, all we see is your belly, crouch down for us!"....they say "All we can see is Tommy's fat belly."

{banging my head on the coffee table as I type this}

I just don't get it.

#1, can you be any more rude? I refused to step in front of the camera when they asked where I was. God, if they think my hubby is fat....what the hell do they think of me.

#2, who taught them this? Mot doesn't do it, his oldest brother doesn't do it. Where did this....complete disregard and lack of respect for family come from? Name calling? Are we in the 3rd grade again??? Is this textbook psychology? Does it make you feel better about YOUR inadequacies by calling someone else fat?? What a sad, depressing life you must live? I judge people by what they are in the inside, to hell with what they look like.

I just don't get it.

Well, anyway, I feel better getting that off of my chest. Call me fat, I just blow it off....call my loved ones fat...and it really pisses me off. I'm a bit defensive of those I care about. I can't help it, it's who I am.

No comments: