Saturday, November 22, 2008

No matter what I do....

...it's going to piss someone off. I've come to learn this, and actually expect it. It's a given....even if you're in the right....people find a way to twist it, so that you feel as though you're the one who's being outrageous...the one being a bitch.

I'd like to be able to say "I give up, I don't care anymore".....but I just can't do it.

I do care what people think of me. I mean, I don't care if they think my house isn't worth enough, or my clothes aren't the most expensive, or that I weigh more than I should....but I do care that people think I'm a good person.

Isn't standing up for yourself....and not allowing people to disrespect you (or those you care about)....something you should do though? Being a good person doesn't mean you have to be a shrinking flower, doesn't mean you have to stand back and take it, does it?

I try to speak to the offenders themselves, face to face.....but sometimes I don't. When I don't, it's usually to keep life from becoming unbearable for someone else I love. I have a blog, so I can vent about things.....especially to vent about those times I wasn't able to speak up, when I really wanted to.

But I also know that the world has a way of making things happen, no matter how hard you try to avoid them. It's as if there's no hiding, no matter what you do.

I actually think it's better that way....but darn if it doesn't make life hard.

I have a magnet on my fridge....its says "Life is too important to be taken seriously." I try to live by that. My husband....he can, and does, do it. No matter how hard I try to hide the fact I've had a crappy day...he's there immediately....with a joke, a smile, a hug. He tries to make sure that I don't take life too seriously. When it seems like there is no escape.

He loves me completely, truly and thoroughly. What more in life can a person want or need? Happiness and Love.

No comments: