Thursday, November 13, 2008

I'd like to thank the academy.......

Well, OK...so maybe she's not technically the academy...but she writes a rockin' awesome blog! So that's close enough in my book. Me! from Escape from Dullsville has given me an award!!

I got an award!! Can you believe that? Little old me????



I'd like to say right now that I apologize for not posting the news sooner. You see, work has been horribly boring the past few months, and I've had all kinds of time to read blogs, find new blogs, and write on my own blog. We were in Portland last week, and when we got back....well, I didn't have to get caught up on my reading and writing as I had planned. No, just when the economy decides to take a big ole dump....I get busy. So, now I'm trying to catch up on my reading, and award accepting! I'm only 5 or 6 days behind...that's not too bad, right????

This is my life folks, messed up!!!!! :-)

So anyway.....thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, for the legalities of the award.
  1. Post the award on your blog
  2. Link to me for giving it to you
  3. Link the originating post here (not really sure about this one)
  4. Pass the award on to 5 more deserving people
  5. Post these rules for the recipients
Any my five winners are.....the envelope please......

Amoeba with a Blog
Lyvvie's Limelight
Average Girl in Average World

OK....now this is where it gets hard. You see, Sass @ thelifeofsass was given the award (by Me!) at the same time I got it....so I'd hate to burden her with having to give the award to another 5 people. But at the same time, I'd like to give her a little props for an awesome blog. :-)

And....well.....here's the hard part. I'm as shy as they come. I mean, introverted...."you call Pizza Hut to order the pizza, because telephones terrify me" shy!!! 2 year olds sitting on Santa's lap for the first time are more brave and daring than I am when it comes to talking to people I don't know.

So....I'm leaving the 5th slot open...for all of those blogs I read....but I feel like a dork telling them I've given them an award....when they don't know who I am.

Yeah, I'm silly, I know it, I admit it, and people love me anyway. What's with that?? :-)

So, anyway...thanks again Me! You rock chick!!! :-)

(the orchestra has now begun playing that music that says I must wind up the acceptance speech, and let the next presenters onto the stage)

1 comment:

Sass said...

Don't be shy. You've got great things to say! ;)

And...thanks, my dear. You should know I always just hoard the awards and never give them out anyway. hee hee. I'm a bad bad girl.