Friday, October 3, 2008

Crappy margaritas hurt my soul!!!

Yesterday was pretty much another normal day at work. As normal as they come, at least. It ended with more Excel spreadsheet 'fun.'

When creating my own formulas, I'm confident. When trying to decipher the formulas of a person that shouldn't ever touch Excel (ever!!!)....well, this is when I feel like digging my eyeballs out with a spoon. (Why a spoon? Because it hurts more. - Love that movie!!!)

Anyway......I called it quits at 5:00. I ran out the door, and didn't look back.

Mot and I left as soon as I got home. Our mission, new towers for the kayak racks we currently own. So we can use said racks on top of our Jeep. Our destination, Scheels Sporting Goods.

Our first stop...dinner!!!!! :-) Jimmy Buffett's place, Cheeseburger in Paradise.



Our food was OK, definitely nothing to write home about. Mot's margarita was 'fine', mine was horrible. This place has an entire page of their menu devoted to margaritas. Blue ones, green ones, pink ones, fruity ones...the works. We ordered two classic margaritas. CLASSIC!! And they weren't good. If you can't pull off a good, plain margarita, the foo-foo ones don't have a chance!!!!




They moved all the kayaking gear at Scheels. In it's place, snowboarding paraphernalia. I'm terrified to ski, but think snowboarding sounds awesome!!!!! Anyway, back to the kayaks.....

They are no longer a Yakima dealer, but the employee we talked to said they still had a bunch of their product in the back room. He came out with what we needed. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it) the part he brought out it was exactly what we have on the Explorer. Funny, huh? (we weren't laughing)

On our way out of the store, we passed by the disc golf display. We each now have a beginners set of discs. One driver, one mid range, and one putter.

In case you're wondering.....we didn't buy a bag for our discs.


There should be applause here!!!


Really...........you have no idea what it means for us to buy sporting equipment without the special bag to contain that equipment.


When we got home, Mot went out back to feed the dogs and shoot Rowan. I took my new discs into our side lot. I stood at the far back corner, by the veggie garden, and threw the driver, just to see where it would go. I can't throw a Frisbee, it's really sad actually.

"Hi, my name in Nej, and I can't throw a Frisbee."

"Hi Nej!!"

You'll never guess what happened when I let go of that disc. It flew straight where I aimed it. In fact, it flew OVER where I aimed it. It actually flew all the way across our lot...and out into the street. We're talking 140+ feet. I threw a Frisbee 140 feet.


More applause necessary....I'll wait until you're done! :-)


It was getting pretty dark, so I stopped while I was ahead, and went into the fenced in part of our backyard behind the house to join Mot. We threw a ball for our blind dog, (yeah, I know, it sounds funny to me too) then went inside to see what was on TV.

Neither of us felt like watching the VP debate. We're probably the only 2 people in the country who didn't tune in. I consider myself a political atheist. I'm sure there's probably a true governmental power out there somewhere, but I'm still skeptical.

No comments: