Thursday, September 11, 2008

Where were you???

Yes, every blog in the known universe is posting something similar. But, when in Rome...............

You've all been inundated with 09/11 references, new stories and such today.

So.....where were you?? When the shit hit the fan.....what were you doing???

I was home from work that day, due to a sick dog. Yes, you heard me, a sick dog. In fact, the dog that is now suffering from diabetes is the dog in question. She had parvo....was horribly dehydrated, and on her death bed. We had to physical force fluids into her every half hour for a couple of days. A couple of very long, sleepy, discouraging days. It turns out I really didn't need to call in, my hubby had the day off from work. But heck, when given an actual excuse...you HAVE to use it. You are required by law to take advantage of it. Didn't you know that????

Mot was out on the couch, watching TV...which really isn't like him. If he's home, he's either reading, on the computer or cooking. But for some reason, that morning, he was watching TV. I heard him call my name from the living room. You could tell by the sound of his voice, something just wasn't right. So out I went. His eyes were glued to the screen...and he had this dumbfounded look on his face. I arrived just in time to see the second plane hit. He sat there watching TV in half hour blocks, in between trips to the master bathroom. That poor dog!!!!!

No comments: