Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Adventure Boot Camp - Day 2, 3

08/05/08

4:36...that alarm and I are not going to be friends by the end of all this!! :-) I get there earlier this time. I didn't drive by the road to the park...I bet that helped!

More torture. Less people (the three day'ers aren't there on Tuesdays).

She brought jump ropes out of her trunk. I LOVE jump ropes!!! My calf muscles in my right leg, on the other hand, were less than happy. I actually couldn't finish it, it was so painful. If this keeps up, I'm calling in another physical therapy session!!!!!

08/06/08

4:36....today has been the worst day of all for waking up this early. I figured that it would hit me either today or tomorrow...today's the day. I DRUG myself out of bed to get ready...and drove my car, while eating my Nutrigrain bar. This is the second day for the Nurtigrain bar, and my tummy seems to be handling it ok. It still takes alot to force myself to eat one, but they tell me I need to , so I will. Who says I don't listen?!?!?!

Thankfully...she said we were working our arms primarily today. I can really feel the weakness of my shoulder that had surgery on it. This is going to do me alot of good...in more ways than one!!!!

We did quite a few arm exercises, and in between she had a small obstacle course of sorts set up. Hurdles (6 inches off the ground, but really far apart....supposed to only step once between each one) my calf muslces - not weren't in agreement on that rule....then lateral moving squats.....then an agility ladder (think of the tires laying on the ground during football practices....it's just not tires, it looks like a ladder you'd hang down from you upstairs window for emergency reaons). Then, as usual, we go back around to do it all over again. And again. And again.

It's now 1:05 in the afternoon. I'm walking like a goober...and have called my physical therapist for another appointment. I WILL NOT quit this camp. As I told my hubby, I need to heal, but I also need to work out. Darn it! :-) Robin came up to me and asked if it was my right leg that hurt. I asked her why? She said that standing behind me, she could tell my right calf was definitely bigger and swollen. Curiosity killed the cat...so I had her take a picture of the backs of my calves on my cell phone. Yeah, it's pretty obvious where the issue is. :-(

As a positive, I weighed myself every am....wearing the same thing, at the same time of day, and in the am....these are all the requirements for getting consistent readings. I've lost 1 pound so far this week. I'm pretty happy with that actually!

No comments: