Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Laziness and Summer

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...I hate summer. I'm more of a hermit when it's above 80 degrees, than I am when it's below Zero. You can always put more clothes on....but there comes a point when you can't take any more of them off. :-) :-)

I got home last night with good intentions. "I'm going to accomplish something today!" Well, I didn't. I got the pictures I have stored on my external hard drive loaded onto my laptop...but that's where the productivity stopped.

About 6 weeks ago, I tore three calf muscles walking down the stairs into our basement. My physical therapist seems to think that it was actually a hamstring injury that promoted the calf muscle revolt...but whatever it was, it hurt like heck!! I limped around like a goober first week, and by the second week, my leg felt fine. We went on vacation (as I've written in other blog entries) the third week, and I found it was not fine, at all. I went to the doctor when we got back, and ended up in physical therapy. After three weeks of therapy, it seems to be pretty good. It's still a little sore at times, but that's to be expected with the amount of damage that was done.

So, anyway.....last Wednesday I was cleared to go back to normal activities. I wasn't home in the evenings for the rest of the week....but was going to be home Friday. I could finally start working out again. Ugh!! I woke up Friday morning, and couldn't move my back. Couldn't bend over, couldn't sit down, couldn't get up if I did get sat down. I'm too young to be falling apart, aren't I?? I mean, I'm overweight, but I'm not gargantuan or anything!!!!! I need to lose a good 20 pounds, but not a good 200 pounds!!!!!! Argh! So, anyway....it hurt all weekend, made things difficult. But when I woke up yesterday, it was fine. Yes, it left just as quick as it came. Then last night, I got up from supper, and everything from my waist down was tingling and felt weak. Strange, eh??? I put a heating pad on it and went to bed. So - nothing accomplished last night...again!!! When I woke up this morning, it's back to fine again. It's a mystery, that's for sure!!!

Back to needing to accomplish things when I'm not at work. The house is picked up, but it's not clean. Like it needs a good scrubbing, but I just don't feel like it when I get home. I need to start working out again, but don't feel like it when I get home. The simple answer is - get up in the am before work. It's the only time I have to get a routine going on a regular basis. But, when that alarm goes off - I just can't do it. I can't get up, because I just don't' have the energy...but I can't get the energy unless I get up and start working out. Damn chicken and the egg thing, isn't it??? :-) :-)

I signed up for an adventure boot camp that started the Monday after we got back from vacation. I went to the first day, and my calf muscles gave out on me again....honestly - that's what finally got me to go to the doctor!! So, they switched my registration to the next camp. It starts 08/04/08 - three weeks. I have three weeks to get my body used to working out again...and then the camp will get me into a habit of getting up before work. It's 5:30 - 6:30 every weekday morning for 4 weeks. I guess if that won't get me used to getting up early, nothing will....right!!!

I went camping with my sister this weekend. She's shorter than I am, by quite a bit....but she's down to my goal weight. Her goal is less, but her height is less. But just hearing her say that she weighed what my goal was....it tore through me. She works at a gym, so of course it's easier for her to find time to work out. But it really made me jealous. We both gained our weight at about the same time....for the same reason. Birth control. We found out, the hard way, that the birth control we were given, has an adverse affect on us. For example, I went from a size 5 to a size 18 in under 9 months. It was like being pregnant, but the weight never went away, and I didn't have a kid to show for it. I have stretch marks from it and everything. Once they finally figured out what was causing the problem, the damage had been done. Now I'm in a constant fight to get rid of the weight. I kicked 30+ pounds of it a year ago...and I'm holding at that weight...but I want more gone. If I work out, it goes away....it's that simple. And I feel good when I work out...so why the heck don't I want to do it????? I'm just lazy I guess.

So whoever is reading this is thinking "Jen, quit your bitchin' and just do something about it, right???" :-) :-) :-) :-)

On a completely unrelated topic...Tom called me today. He was out in our veggie garden. We put up plastic chicken wire type fencing to keep the bunnies at bay. He said he found out why we weren't getting any green beans growing....he just chased 4 bunnies out of them. How the heck are they getting in??? Well, the garden is in the corner of our property, up against the neighbors fence. Seems those little critters can get through their fence. The only thing the fencing we put up is accomplishing, is making it hard for us to get into our own garden. And the creatures we're trying to keep out are waltzing right in. We're so funny!!! :-)

No comments: