Thursday, March 24, 2011

01/21/11 - 01/23/11: Games, cards and snow.

01/21/11 - Friday

We had the boys over Friday night for a little game night action. I'd found a number of board games on a garage sale a year or so ago.....but we'd never had the opportunity to try them out. It was colder than crap outside (which, I guess, really isn't that cold, if you think about it)...and hanging out inside sounded good.

First up - Pazaz!!


Based on the cheese-factor of the cover art, we were in for a treat.


Steve read the rules.


We assembled the playing surface (along with snacks).


I shuffled the cards. (Kinda looks like I'm "up" to something here...hmmmmmm.)

Pizaz was actually really fun! I'd say it was 50 cents well spent.

We played a couple games....the moved on.


Parcheesi!

I've, of course, heard of it but have never played it.







After a couple games of Parcheesi, we decided to call it a night.


Now....please pay close attention. In this picture you will see Danny is talking to Mot (not pictured). I'm not sure what he was saying (as it was two months ago).....but whatever it was, it must have been good. Steve is trying to contain himself....and it ended up like this......


Notice snowball in Mot's hand. Notice Danny trying to hold the door closed. (Notice Sam just wanting to go outside with Danny.)


Notice Danny cowering in the corner of our front porch. Notice Mot putting snowball down Danny's shirt. (Notice Sam staring out the door, waiting for someone to let her out.)


Notice Danny running back through the house, into the bathroom......with the four of us (Sam included) not far behind. His shirt was FULL of snow!

01/22/11 - Saturday

We, again, had the boys over to our house. You see, it was card night at Val and Dee's (the girls) place, and I needed a refresher on how to play Euchre. I haven't played it since high school...and couldn't for the life of me remember how.

After a quick lesson, we decided to drive around town, wasting time and running errands.

One of our stops was Canfields - an outdoor, sporting goods, military surplus store.









When it got a little later into the evening, we headed to the girls' place for tamales and cards. While in Canfields, the forecasted blizzard had finally begun.

Roads were getting slick, and the snow was starting to accumulate on the streets slightly. But a little weather won't keep us from tamales!!

I mean, won't keep us from cards with friends! (giggle)













When we got to the party, there wasn't much snow on the ground.


When we left the party, it looked like this.....

01/23/11 - Sunday

Not only do Mot and I love the snow....but our dogs absolutely adore it!!!


It was so deep, we needed to walk through the yard and make a path for Isaac and his short old man legs.


Sam hiding behind our snow fence.












Mmmmm....frozen dog slobber.

Now, compare this picture of January 2011...to a picture I took in December 2009. She's grown up a little in the last year, hasn't she?




3 comments:

MJenks said...

I've never actually played Parcheesi, either. We had a board when I was growing up, but my parents always said "Oh, it's too complicated to play." So, we never did.

I think the truth was that they didn't know how, and didn't want to be bothered to learn, either. But, that's just a hypothesis at this point.

Nej said...

@ MJenks - my grandma always had one in the game closet...but no one ever played when I was around. It's amazingly simple. Kinda reminded me of "Sorry" in a way.

The Steve and Danny show said...

I can't remember what Danny said, but I do remember yelling at him to run.