Tuesday, January 26, 2010

What will they think of next????

It came in the mail....and Mot wondered what the heck it was. The box contained a smaller box. The smaller box contained a product made by Vosges Haute Chocolat.

The name of the product.....

Mo's Bacon Bar.



Why do I have a Mo's Bacon Bar addressed to me?

Because I rock.

No really, I rock.

Seriously.

I won it!!!! In a contest!!!

A movie trivia contest.

Elliott's Foodipalooza Film Trivia Contest, to be exact. :-)

And I won!!

I already said that?

(ahem)

Sorry

I've had my prize for a little while, but the holidays, the Denver trip, the new puppy, the sick dog (my older dog Penny was diagnosed with congestive heart failure, and we had to put her down), and plus a big ole' case of the "Oh My Gawd, Where is the Sun, I Need SUN" blues have kept me from blogging at all for the last week.

So anyway...back to my awesomeness!!

I can say that, since I won a contest....without it sounding like I'm tooting my own horn.

Right??

:-)

Mo's Bacon Bar



Chocolate + Bacon

Bacon + Chocolate

Together.

To some it sounds gross, to some it sounds like heaven in a small foil package.

I belong to both groups. I mean, it's bacon, and it's chocolate. How could you go wrong? But at the same time.....I was leery.

With an open mind and camera in hand....I opened the package and gave it a shot.

Here's a stream of thoughts from Nej's brain........

"Wow, this smells really good."

"The chocolate in this bar is awesome. Milk chocolate, creamy and rich."

"The bacon is allot more subtle than I expected, but it's good."

"MMMMmmmmm chocolate."

"Mmmmmmm bacon."

"Oh crap, I've eaten 1/2 of the bar already?"

"Must. Put. Bacon Bar. Away."

Mot tried it as well. I really wish I'd had my camera at the ready. Because a picture speaks a thousand words in this case...for sure!

Let me see if I can recreate the look........in words.

No.....I don't think I can.

OK fine...I'll try.

It was a "hmm, this isn't so ba.....oh, no.....there's the bacon flavor....people did this on purpose? why? oh why?"

He said the chocolate was actually really, really good....(and he comes from a family of chocoholics) ...but the bacon thing is "just wrong."

But keep this in mind...Mot eats things one at a time. There's no mixing of food. He picks one thing, eats it all, then moves on to the next. I'm not surprised he didn't like it....but it was amusing to watch him give it a try! :-)

Thanks again Elliott!!!

If you don't read Elliott's blog, you really should.

Do you like movies, or even better, do you like pie?

If you do...you must go read.

I mean it.....

Like...now!

Even if you don't like movies and pie....check it out.

Go ahead....I'll wait.

(tapping toes)

(watering plants)

(cleaning dust bunnies off desk)

13 comments:

mo.stoneskin said...

I own a bacon bar?

And here I am craving bacon while having no idea?!

Unbelievable.

And give those poor dust bunnies a break.

Nej said...

@ Mo - You didn't know you had a bacon bar? Well, I guess that explains why you haven't sent me a free one or two of them. :-)

Brook said...

I have been quite curious about these. They are good you say? I am not a eat everything by itself kind of gal and I do love chocolate and bacon. Hmmm. I like "Twilight Zone". Maybe that's where this candy bar got it's start.

Nej said...

@ Brook - I'd never heard of them before.

Elliott said...

Silly me, I posted a link to your post, but I forgot to comment! So glad you enjoyed it, I still need to get one for myself. Because really, how can you go wrong with bacon?

Congratulations, again! You really DO rock!

Nej said...

@ Elliott - Thanks! Yes, you really do need to get one for yourself. :-)

Badass Geek said...

That sounds absolutely awesometastic.

Nej said...

@ Badass - awesometastic it is!

(bonus points for awesometastic...kinda rolls off the tongue)

:-)

Slyde said...

hmmm, i dont know if i should be intrigued, hungry, or grossed out.

Nej said...

@ Slyde - be afraid, be very afraid.

Nah, just kidding. It was pretty good actually. :-)

I compare it to eating m&m's in your popcorn.....sweet/salty mix.

Anonymous said...

grossed out the evil nej made me try it. I am a smell person. The smell of chocolate great, bacon awesome, chocolate and bacon.. .. my mouth is watering.. not in the good yummie way but the I am about to hurl way.

Love ya chica
Mot.

ummm whats my sign on again?

Nej said...

@ Mot - But, you enjoy broccoli, and salad, and (gulp) fruit....so I don't trust your taste buds! :-) :-)

Glennis said...

Oh, man. Bacon and chocolate? Died and gone to heaven.