Friday, September 11, 2009

Ribfest.....Mmmmmm......

Welcome to Friday morning everybody!!!!!

Three cheers for Friday!!! Hip Hip Hooray, Hip Hip Hooray, Hip Hip Hooray!!!!!

(ahem) Sorry 'bout that.

As usual, I thought I'd take a stab at the theme photo challenge Carmi provides each week.

Or in this case, maybe I should have said I was going to take a "slab" at it. You'll see what I mean. :-)

This week's theme....Shiny.

It's fun to say, isn't it?? Come on, say it with me......ssshhhiiiiinnnnnyyyy.

You're smiling now...admit it.

:-)

I took my shiny picture this morning, as I was packing my lunch for work. The boys invited us over to their place last night for "ribfest." The table was covered in brown paper, and piled high with meat.

Meat, meat, meat.

A carnivore's dream!!!!!!

There were also red potatoes, corn on the cob, crawfish (that kept staring at me...ick!) and shrimp.

Oh, and cornbread straight from the cast iron skillet.

(drooling)

It was most pleasant!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

amanda said...

Now I am drooling too darn it! That looks so good! Have a great one!

Nej said...

Thanks!!

(It was just as mouth-wateringly good the second time around.)

:-)

carmilevy said...

I was just getting a little hungry - worked through midday and totally lost track of time - so the timing of my visit here is ideal.

Brilliant take on the theme...in a million years I wouldn't have even come close! Yet another reason why I love TP as much as I do, because folks who participate never cease to amaze me with their creativity. Yours totally takes the (shiny) cake this week.

Nej said...

My hubby thought I was nuts. All of a sudden, I stopped what I was doing, and shouted "shiny!" Well...maybe not shouted, as much as exclaimed. :-)

I thank YOU for TP!!! It's always fun to take a theme, and put my own twist to it. :-) :-)