Friday, September 4, 2009

It's all in your perspective

Thematic Photographic is fairly simple and fun, and I hope you'll take part. All you have to do it take a picture reflective of this week's theme, then share it. In this case, perspective can be optically tangible, or it can be a little more topically abstract. The fun lies in how you choose to interpret it.

I was going to skip Carmi's photo theme challenge this week. I had some pictures taken at different angles...stuff like that. But not exactly the idea behind this weeks theme.

Perspective

Then, this afternoon, it hit me. I have the perfect picture to share. It may not be the best composition, lighting, etc.....but I think it really displays the "perspective" theme quite well.

I snapped this shot while down in New Mexico a few weeks ago for my grandfather's funeral. The town in which he lived is small....really small....and slightly depressing. The buildings are deteriorating and the population is dwindling.

I was taking pictures of the buildings on old Route 66, and didn't see the additional "message" until I was looking through my pictures later that weekend.


You'll have to click on the picture to make it bigger, and look closely. :-)


Have a great long holiday weekend everybody!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Badass Geek said...

Very... interesting.

Nej said...

@ Badass - Yeah, I didn't say it was a good perspective. :-) :-)