Wednesday, July 1, 2009

T.G.I.W. :-)

It's Wednesday....last day of the week for me. Thank goodness!!!!

Well....except for the whole having to use 2 days of vacation thing.....I hate mandatory vacations sometimes!

Not that I want to be here.....hell no!

I'd just rather use vacation when I want to. Like, next week....when family is in town. I'll see them this weekend though, and I can't wait!!!! Paddling out at DeSoto, maybe some biking?

I need to keep active on the weekends...so being out at the park will help me with that.

Especially if I actually want to maybe even seriously consider thinking about possibly maybe signing up for a duathlon in September.

Oh yeah....I've officially lost my mind!!!

Actually, for the past 2 weeks, I've been getting up before work and running at the gym. I haven't talked about it here, because I have another blog where I whine and cry about working out, trying to lose all that birth control weight (long story)...and all that other boring stuff people really don't want to read. :-)

It's going quite well....but ask me again after 10 weeks.

Ugh!

After watching the triathlon this weekend, and seeing the vast range of people participating, it really got me thinking. Why the heck couldn't I do a triathlon??

"Nej, you hate the water."

"Oh yeah."

So I started researching other events.

Marathons - hell no. Not just hell no, but hell friggin' no.
1/2 Marathons - see "marathons."
5K and 10K - I'll give those a shot for sure.

But duathlons really caught my eye. Running, which I'm finding that I actually kinda enjoy, and biking....which I also find a pleasant experience.

There is a duathlon in West Des Moines (come on Omaha - get it in gear!! I'm sick of driving to Des Moines for all the fun stuff!!!) in September.

The stationary bikes at the gym blow goats.....and I'm a little nervous to be out riding my bike on the city trails at 5:30 in the morning. So....I either need to get a trainer to ride my bike at home....or see if I can find an early morning spin class. Might have to even check at the gym Inny works for.

Works for?....something tells me there are a few grammatical errors in that last sentence....something about not ending a sentence with a preposition or something??

And maybe I could use the word "something" at least one more time?? :-)

For a gal that considered being an English major, I sure have thrown most of the stuff I know out the window. This blog is written as I think it....which isn't always (usually) the most correct.

But anyway......you folks aren't here to read the ramblings of a delusional person...are you???

I'll let you go! Have a wonderful holiday weekend!!!!

Blow something up for me, but try not to catch your house on fire, 'kay??

Or, at least take pictures if you do!!! :-)

18 comments:

Badass Geek said...

I wish I could blow things up this weekend, but they don't allow crazy people to purchase fireworks.

Enjoy your mandatory vacation!

Nej said...

@ Badass, the crazy people here send other's to get it for them. Where there's a will, there's a way. :-)

Expat No. 3699 said...

Maybe I could blow up my office and then get a mandatory vacation?

Enjoy the holiday weekend!

Nej said...

As long as you make it look like an accident...or frame the most hated person in the office. Then I'm sure it would be fine! :-) :-)

(just kidding internet police, I really don't mean it)

:-)

MJenks said...

Wait...would half-marathons be "he frig n"?

Nej said...

@ mjenks, my brain must have already left for vacation...had to read your comment twice. I'm still laughing. :-) :-) :-) :-)

Nej said...

he frig n

(giggle)

mo.stoneskin said...

Maybe you could find a sporting event that combines biking with fireworks? Now that is a delusional idea. Or certainly one formed in a lost mind!

Lyvvie said...

If you can run a 5K, you can run a 10K. If you can run a 10K you can definitely fun a 1/2 marathon. It's 1/2 marathon to full marathon that's going to take training.

Want to get fit for a 5K/10K the bestest thing to use are the Podrunner Intervals. They are on iTunes, they are completely free and it works at a very very very workable pace to get your stamina built up to do the distances. Look them up! Podrunner are my constant friends.

Nej said...

@ Mo, fireworks and biking....excellent combination!!!! Now I must research. :-)

@ Lyvvie, I've been using the podrunner intervals First Day to 5K!!!! Love them!!! I constantly run at a faster pace than what they are set at...but maybe that's the length of my legs or something?? :-)

I'm a podrunner addict!!!! :-)

Slyde said...

i am hoping i just dont lose any fingers today...

Nej said...

@ Slyde...fingers are always good things to keep!!! I've found they are quite handy to have around. :-)

Brook said...

I will leave all the "competitive" stuff to you. YOU GO GIRL! have to get back to the gym here-2 weeks of vacation will ruin a girl(I did swim at the pool often but it didn't really feel the same).
I still have my fingers but the damn mosquitos 'bout sucked me dry!

Nej said...

@ Brook, down 6 pounds so far this last month. Not too shabby if I do say so myself. :-)

As for the duathlon...I think I'll wait until next year. But it's a good goal....spring is just around the corner!! :-)

Brook said...

That is wonderful! I am so excited to hear that! Bad me gained 4 pounds in 2 weeks =( Holy Shitballs Batman! Vacationing may be a bad idea for me...I am right back at it though, with a 5lb and 3" goal in the next 3 weeks.

Nej said...

I wish my goal was only 5 pounds. Ugh!!!!

From where I am now...I have at least 20 to 25 to go. Realistically.

But unrealistically, I could stand to lose more. (hehe)

Brook said...

My long term goal is closer to 10lbs but I am willing to take my time and do it right-but dammit if I can gain 4 in 2 weeks I can sure as heck lose them in 2 weeks ya know?

Nej said...

When you gain them that quickly, it usually means you can get it off quickly as well. Water weight, bad eating choices, etc.....once you get back to your normal routine, it will fall off.