Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Days like these...

When I look outside my window here at work, it makes me smile.

The sky couldn't be bluer, not a single cloud to be seen.

The grass is still green, and freshly mowed.

The leaves on the trees are green...but there are 'indicator leaves' here and there. You know, the ones that have started to turn fall colors, when none of the other leaves have. If I was a leaf on a tree, that would be me. Excited for the fall season to finally get here. It's the 8th of October, come on leaves - change already!!!!!

It's 10:45 am, with a temperature of 56 degrees.

(I'm Nej, and that's you local weather. Please tune in at 5:00 and 6:00 for up to the minute forecasts.)

I can't wait to get out of here for lunch. I brought in a new book...well, it's not really new. Copyright 1992 actually. But I can't just pick up a book, if there are others in the same series before it. It's the same reason I can't watch CSI. I missed one whole season, and can't watch the new season without being caught up. Crazy? Yes it is...I admit it!!!

Correction...up to the minute news alert - Robin has just asked me to lunch. Normally, nothing sounds better than the idea of sitting in the park and reading. But she offered up Chinese food...and who am I to say no to that???? :-) Besides, I have the whole long weekend to enjoy the great outdoors. (and Chinese will make yummy leftovers for dinner tonight)

P.S. Speaking of left overs. Can you reheat eggs? We made our normal camping breakfast meal for dinner last night. Small cubed potatoes, chunks of ham roast, onion, eggs, and cheese. We call it breakfast mess. I have one serving left over....but am unsure about heating it up in the microwave. Can you reheat eggs?

No comments: